- This event has passed.
Cordiner Cup, Ladies & Gents – Sponsored by Ashbank Hotel
April 3 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm£5
This is a lovely family team competition over 9 holes for all to take part, members and non- members over age 12.
Sponsor: Kindly sponsored by Ashbank Hotel
Time: 2.00 pm – 5.00 pm (course closed 12.30 – 4.30)
Start: Shotgun start at 2 pm
Handicap: CONGU Handicap and non- handicappers
Age: Open to all golfers over 12 years old
Format: Texas Scramble – see rules below
Ind/Pairs/Teams: Mixed Teams of Four (teams will be arranged with mixed abilities)
Mem/ Non- Mem: Open to all members and non-members
No of holes: 9
Tees: Gents – Yellow ; Ladies – Red
Entry Fees: Entry – £5 per golfer
Entry Format: Please add your name to poster on clubhouse noticeboard
Closing Date: 11.00 am on the day
Ballot: The ballot is drawn the morning of the competition and teams are arranged with mixed abilities.
Catering: Wine and nibbles
Presentation: The Cordiner Cup and prizes will be presented after the competition.
Prizes: 1st The Cordiner Cup Trophy + Carradale Golf Club Merchandise Vouchers
2nd Carradale Golf Club Merchandise Vouchers
3rd Carradale Golf Club Merchandise Vouchers
- Each player hits a drive then 1 drive is chosen
- Each player hits a second shot from the same area – within 6 inches – and again 1 ball is chosen for the next shot, each player hitting as above and so on until the ball is holed
- All putts to be taken from the same mark on the green and the first ball to be holed counts as the score at that hole
- Each player in a team must have his/her drive used at least once
- Ladies to play from red tees and Gents from yellow tees
- Any golfer with a handicap over 36 will play off a 36 handicap. The team handicap is calculated by each member having 90% of their handicap totalled.
- If tie count back best over last 6
The Cordiner Cup was presented by the Cordiner family in 2012 as the family have enjoyed holidays in Carradale for generations.
|2012||J Halley, M Headrick, L McGeachy, S Walker|
|2013||M Campbell, M Owen, R Rixson, I Robb|
|2014||S Campbell, JW Rattray, D Allan, L Niven|
|2015||L McGeachy, I Anderson, C Campbell, H McCaig|
|2016||L McGeachy, R.J Abernethy, E Neilson, C Campbell|
|2017||Duncan Munro, Holly Davis, Ranald Rixson, Anne Ferguson|
|2018||Andrew Ponton, Billy Martin, Eilidh Neilson, Rhona Elder|
|2019||Joan Douglas, Lindsay MacDonald, John Rattray and Trudi Robertson|